MD DVD DDV FAAD (USA)
Birth date: 4-8-1946.
Residential Address: 18 New Pushpa Milan,
67 Worli Hill Road, Mumbai - 400 018.
TEL. NO.: (R) : +91 22 24936162.
Telefax : +91 22 24932501. Mobile : 98200
Director, Dr.Skin Pimples Pvt.Ltd.
1) 104, Doctor House, Opp.Jaslok Hospital,14,Dr.G.Deshmukh
Road, Mumbai - 400026.
2) 305, Doctor House, Opp.Jaslok Hospital, 14 Dr. G. Deshmukh
Road, Mumbai - 400026.
3) F-6, Model House, 158, Sion (E), Near Sion Circle, Sion
Matunga Road, Mumbai - 400022.
Tel. No. : +91 022 65201515 | 65200505 |
23520320 | 23512139 | 24078958
Email ID. : email@example.com
Website : www.drskinemd.com
Primary Qualification : M.B.B.S. passed
at the first attempt in October 1968 from the Grant Medical
College, Bombay University.
Post Graduate Qualification :
1) M.D. (Skin) passed at the first attempt in May Qualification
1973 from the Grant Medical College, Bombay University.
2) Diploma in Venereology & Dermatology (D.V.D.) passed
in April 1971, from the Bombay University.
3) Diploma in Dermatology & Venereology (D.D.V.) passed
at the first attempt in October 1971, from the college of
Physicians & Surgeons, Bombay.
Thesis for M.D. (Skin) : CSF picture in early syphilis.
Teaching Experience :
1) Registrar in the Dermatology & Venereology Department
at the G.T. Hospital, Bombay for two years from August 1971
2) Senior Registrar in the Department of Dermatology &
Venereology at the LTMG Medical College & Sion Hospital,
Bombay from August 1973 to November 1973.
3) Post Graduate Teacher DNB (Dermatology) from 2007 at the
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre,Mumbai
Present position :
1) Presently working as a Consultant Dermatologist at the
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai from October
2) Director, Dr.Skin Pvt.Ltd
Other Experiences :
1) Honorary Dermatologist at the Jijamata Hospital, New Bombay,
Vashi from March 1976 to January1979.
2) Honorary Dermatologist at the Lions Club Diagnostic Centre,Navjivan
Society, Bombay Central from 1974 to 1978.
3) Honorary Dermatologist at the Mahim Nagrik Sabha from 1973
4) Joint Secretary in the 'Leucoderma Society' in April 1978.
5) Convenor of the HIV Prevention Programme of the IADVL Maharashtra
Branch from 1994 till 2005.
6) Visiting Muscat, Oman as a visiting consultant Dermatologist
at the AL Amal Medical Centre from August 1996, regularly
every month till 2005.
7) Appointed as member Scientific committee for the XXXII
nd National Conference of the IADVL held at Mumbai Jan 22-25
8) Conducting IADVL HIV Anonymous testing Centre since 1994
9) Judge at the Posters award at the Annual General Body Meeting
of the IADVL Maharashtra branch held at Rennaissance, March
10) Appointed Editorial Board on 'AIDS update' a quarterly
publication of the Govt of Maharashtra. The Universities of
Texas, Houston, AIDS Research Control Organisation (ARCON),
Mumbai and the 'MGM'Medical College, New Mumbai from September
11) Co-ordinator for the year 2004-05 for the department of
dermatology at the Jaslok hospital and research center.
12) Consultant Guru Nanak Hospital,Bandra (E),Mumbai 1996-2007.
1) Life Member Indian Association of Dermatolgists,Venereologists
2) Member Editorial Board, the Bulletin of the Jaslok Hospital
& Research Centre since 2001.
3) Member Of the Cosmetology society of India.
4) Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD)
5) Member of the European Academy of Dermatology (EADV).
Awards Received :
1) Gave Oration on 'Oculoctaneous Diseases' at the Maharashtra
Ophthalmology association conference at the Amar Gian Auditorium,
2) Won the first prize on the Best Poster award at the XXIVth
National Conference of the IADVL held at Ahmedabad Jan 25-28
1996 on the paper "Maharashtra Branch's Anonymous testing
centre (ATC) at Bombay".
3) Won the Best Paper award on Sweet's Syndrome at the Practising
Dermatologists, IADVL Quarterly Scientific meeting held on
Dec' 01 at Lonavala.
4) Won a prize in a Quiz contest at the 20th World Congress
on Dermatology June 30-July 5 2002 held at Paris.
Details of Clinical Research carried out :
1) 'Acne and its hormonal correlation' a study carried out
in 60 female patients.
2) Hirsutism - a study of hormonal profile,ultrasound, Tricho-grammes
in 20 pts.
3) 'Identification of Mycobacterium Tuberculosis as a frequent
etiologic agent in Erythema Nodosum by PCR'.
4) Acanthosis Nigricans - A cutaneous marker for insulin resistance
and hyperinsulinemia and role of Metformin in patients with
obesity and polycystic disease.
5) Preventive corticosteroid therapy prevents Nerve damage
in Multibacillary leprosy patients, an assessment by NCV studies
& clinical neurological examination.
Other Information :
1) Was President of the Indian Association of Dermatologists,
Venereologists and Leprologists (Maharashtra Branch) in the
2) Convenor of the workshop on 'Dermato Pathology' held in
Oct 94 for 6 days at the TATA Hospital auditorium with faculty
from St. John's Hospital, London, U.K.
3) Moderator of the workshop on Dermatosurgery organised by
the Nanavati Hospital Bombay, held on Nov 4-6-1995 at the
Nanavati Hospital, auditorium.
4) Moderator at the CME on 'Dermatosurgery' at the XXII National
Conference of the IADVL held at Manipal 1999.
5) Moderator on 'Dermatotherapeutics' at the first National
Conference in Pediatric Dermatology held at the TATA Hospital
Nov 23-24 1996, Mumbai.
6) Chaired a session on 'Drugs & Sexuality' in Oct 1996
at a workshop organised by the Council of Sex Education and
Parenthood (International) Oct. 5,6 1996 held at the Arora
7) Moderator on 'Latest Therapeutic strategies' held on Feb
2 '03 at the Dermacon 2003, the XXXI st National Conference
of the IADVL held at Kolkatta.
8) Chairperson on the session on 'Treating the untreatable'
held on Feb 1, 2003 at the Dermacon 2003, the XXX1st National
Conference of the IADVL held at Kolkatta.
9) Chaired a session on 'Hair loss in women' Dermacon 2003,
Kolkatta Feb. '03.
10) Moderator on 'Derobin in Psoriasis' held at the Rooftop
Oberoi towers organised by US Vitamins in Oct '2000.
11) Moderator on 'Surgical procedures on Pediatric pts' at
the 2 days CME on Pediatric Dermatology organised by KEM '03.
Conducted Clinical Trials :
1) Study of Azithromycin (Zithromax) in Pyogenic skin infections
and sexually Transmitted Urethritis Aug-Dec 1992.
2) Efficacy and safety assessment of a new Ayurvedic antifungal
Herbal cream - a study conducted at the Jaslok Hospital &
Research Centre in 1994.
3) Buspirone (Buscalm) - a psychotropic in the treatment of
atopic dermatitis in 20 patients. A double blind controlled
trial involving 8 weeks follow up, carried out in 1995.
4) Efficacy and Safety of Moxifloxacin (MXF) Vs Cephalexin
(with or without Metronidazole) in the treatment of Mild to
a Moderate uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections
(USSSI). a phase II trial conducted at the Jaslok Hospital
& Research Centre in 1997.
5) Evaluation of clinical efficacy and tolerance of Tazarotene
0.05% gel in the treatment of Acne vulgaris & Psoriasis-March
2003 to June 2003.
Courses Attended :
1) Attended as an 'Observer' in the Dermatology clinic of
the University of Illinois, Chicago, May - June 1996.
2) Attended a six days workshop on 'Dermatopathology', held
at the TATA Auditorium Bombay organised by the IADVL Mah.
branch October 1994. Faculty ; Staff of St. John's Hospital
3) Attended a 3 days workshop on 'Dermatopathology' held at
the TATA Auditorium, Bombay November 20-22, 1996 organised
by the IADVL Mah. Branch. Faculty Dr. Bernard Ackerman.
4) Attended a workshop on 'Research Methodology' between July
7 and Sept. 13 1994 at Bombay organised by AIDS Research Control
Organisation (ARCON), University of Texas and the DHJ, Govt
5) Attended a workshop on "Human Sexuality" on January
11 1996 organised by ARCON, IADVL, FOGSI and the DHJ Govt.
6) Attended a worskop on "Striving for excellence in
sexology" October 5-6, 1996 at Pune, organised by the
Council for sex education and Parenthood (International).
7) Attended the National Conference on Pediatric Dermatology
held at the TATA auditorium Nov 23-24 1996.
8) Attended a workshop in 'Dermatosurgery' organised by the
Nanavati Hospital, Bombay held on Nov 4 1995 at the Nanavati
9) Attended the 6th International Congress of Infectious Diseases
held at Prague, Czech Republic April 26-30, 1994.
10) Attended the International Congress on Dermatology held
at New Delhi 1994.
11) Attended a CME on 'Dermatopathology' held at the International
Congress of Dermatology at New Delhi, 1994.
12) Attended an 'International Symposium on Biomedical, Clinical
and Social Research issues in HIV infections and their Policy
implications' held May 2-4-1995, Pune.
13) Attended an International Congress on Leprosy at New Delhi
Feb 20-25, 1984.
14) Attended 'Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Workshop'held
at Singapore, National Skin Centre, October 22, 2000.
15) Attended the 12th World AIDS conference held at Geneva
June 28-July 3 1998.
16) Attended the National Conference on Perinatal HIV and
Pediatric AIDS, on December 11, 12, 1999 at the Taj Mahal
Hotel, Mumbai organised by the AIDS Clinic, GT Hospital, Grant
Medical College, Mumbai, University of Texas, Medical Branch,
U.S.A. PENTA, and PSI India.
17) Attended the National Conference on Perinatal HIV and
Pediatric AIDS Oct 30-31 1998 at the SP Jain Auditorium, Bombay
18) Attended National Conference and Workshop on 'Mycology
2000' at the LTMG Medical College & Hospital, Sion, Mumbai
in Oct -2000.
19) Attended Sixth International Congress on AIDS in Asia
and the Pacific held at Melbourne, Australia October 2001.
20) Attended 20th World Congress on Dermatology June 30 -
July 5 2002 held at Paris.
21) Attended the World AIDS Congress July 7-12-2002 held at
22) Attended the International Conference on AIDS held at
Durban, South Africa, July 2002.
23) Attended 'Clinical Research Methodology Workshop 2002'
held at LTMG Medical College, Sion, Mumbai organised by the
Journal of the Association of Physicians of India, Dept. of
Medicine, LTMG Medical College, Sion.
24) Attended the CME on 'Vesiculo Bullous Disorders' at XXIV
National Conference of the Indian Association of Dermatologists,
Venereologists, Leprologists held at Ahmedabad June 25-28
25) Attended the CME on 'Dermatotherapeutics' at the XXI National
Conference of the IADVL held at Patna 1992.
26) Attended International CME on Dermatopathology held at
New Delhi Nov. 2-4-2001.
27) Attended the 1st National Congrress on HIV, Hepatitis
co-infection held at the Taj Mahal Hotel Mumbai on January
28) Attended CME in Pediatric Dermatology organised by the
Dept. of Dermatology, GS Medical College & K.E.M. Hospital
on October 12-13, 2003.
29) Attended 2nd National Bariatrics Conference & 1st
Live Obesity workshop at Bombay Hospital
30) Attended 32nd national conference of the IADVL , held
at Bombay January 2004.
31) Attended the 25th national conference of the IADVL held
at Guwahati January 1997.
32) Attended XV International Aids Conference held at Bangkok,
Thailand 11-16 July 2004.
33) Attended VII International conference of Asia pacific
on AIDS held at Kobe Japan July 2005.
34)Certificate course on HIV/AIDS on 25th & 26th June 2010 at Breach Candy Hospital Trust, Mumbai
35)Attended as a Facilitator at a Workshop organised by The Institute of Counselling & Transactional Analysis and The counselling & Suicide prevention Centre 13th to 18th August 2010
36)Attended workshop Hair India 2010, 1st International Congress on Trichology 3rd to 5th Sept, 2010, Chennai, India
37)Attended CUTICON 2010 held at Pune 18th & 19th of December 2010, an annual conference of IADVL,Maharashtra
38)Attended DERMACON 2011, 39th National conference of IADVL held at Gurgaon,Haryana,Feb 3-6 2011
39)Faculty at the BOMBAY MEDICAL CONGRESS,67th Annual conference held on 05-06 2011 at INHS Ashwini, Mumbai, 400 005
40)Attended PROMISE & PROGRESS Seminar 2011 at ISTANBUL March 24-27`11
Papers Presented At Conferences :
1) "Venereophobia" at the South East Asia Congress
on STD held in Bombay in 1983.
2) "Immunofluorescence in Dermatology - a Jaslok experience"
At the IADVL National Conference held at Pune, Jan 1987.
3) 'Immunoperoxidase staining in the detection of genital
At the IADVL National Conference held at Kolkata 1985.
4) "Immunosuppressives in Dermatology"
At the CME pre conference workshops of the XXII National Conference
held in Patna 1992.
5) Papers presented at the XXVth National Conference of the
IADVL Madras June 1995.
a) "Evaluation of Azithromycin (zithromax) for the treatment
Acute Gonococcal Urethritis in Males"
b) Follicular Mucinosis - a case report
c) Glucogonoma syndrome - a case report.
d) 'The DNCB story - success in treating a recalcitrant case
of Alopecia Areata'
At the XXVI National Conference of the IADVL held at Ahmedabad
6) Presented papers at the clinical meeting of the Jaslok
Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai on April 25 1983.
a) A case of Acrodermatitis Enteropathica.
b) A case of Bahcet's Syndrome.
c) A case of Pyoderma Gangrenosum.
d) VDRL serology - some facts.
e) Iontophoresis -a recommended therapy
of Hyperhidrosis of palms and soles.
7) Presented papers at the clinical meeting held at the Jaslok
Hospital & Research Centre on October 17 1987.
a) Immunoperoxide staining used identifying Herpes virus infection
in clinically suspected cases of herpes Progenitalis.
b) Immunofluorescence method used in identifying Chlamydia
Trachomatis-a Jaslok Experience.
c) A case of Erythropoetic Protoporphyria
d) Unusual presention of cutaneous Tuberculosis- 3 cases.
e) Kaposis's Sarcoma.
8) Presented papers at the clinical meeting of the Jaslok
Hospital & Research Centre, Mumbai on 16th April 1990.
a) Essential fatty acids and the skin.
b) Cutaneous aspects of Renal failure - A presentation of
Kyrle's disease in a renal transplant patient.
c) Granulomatous infection of one eyelid.
9) Presented papers at the clinical meeting held at the Jaslok
Hospital & Research Centre on November 2000.
a) Lasers for permanent hair removal with Ruby Laser.
c) Erythema Elevatum Diutinum.
e) Verruca Vulgaris resembling chromoblasto mycosis.
f) Herpes Zoster vs. Herpes simplex.
h) Pityriasis lichenoides chronica.
I) Wilson's disease.
j) Scar revision by 50% TCA.
10) Presented papers at the clinical meeting held at the
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre on Nov '15 2002.
a) Systemic amyloidosis.
b) Cutaneous TB Folowing BCG Vaccination.
c) Eczematous miliaria.
d) Pyoderma gangrenosum.
e) Metastasis following breast Cacinoma
f) Lichen plano pilaris on cyclosporin.
g) Mycophenolate mofetil, experienced in a patient of pemphigus
h) Cholinergic urticaria/aquagenic pruritus/aquagenic urticaria.
i) Griscelli's syndrome.
11) Presented papers at the clinical meeting held at the
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre on Nov' 21 -2003
a) Graham-Little-Piccardi-Lassuer Syndrome.
b) Lip-pit Syndrome.
c) Perforating Folliculitis.
d) Basal Cell Carcinoma.
e) Granuloma Annulare in a child.
f) Addisonian pigmentation(2 cases).
g) Icthyosiform Erythroderma.
h) SPECT & Skin.
12) Presented papers at the clinical meeting held at the
Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre on Dec'3 2004.
a) Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus and morphea in the same
c) Stasis ulcer in a patient of AV shunt on the forearm.
d) Pseudoporphyria cutanea tarda in a renal dialysis patient.
e) Atypical mycobacterium infection.
f) Lymphomatoid papulosis,a part of spectrum of mycosis fungoides.
g) Diseases in dermatology with 'Pseudo' as prefix.
I) SJS-TEN overlap syndrome.
Delivered Talks on :
1) Delivered a talk on "AIDS facts & Myths"
at the 16th Refresher Course for the Family
Physicians at Margao,Goa Sepetember 21, 1986.
2) Delivered a talk on "Differential Diagnosis of leprosy"
at the J J Hospital. Plastic Surgery Research Laboratory under
the auspices of General Practitioner's Association Bombay
Leprosy Project & Tata Dept of Surgery June 21 1987.
3) Delivered a talk on 'Immunology and Immunofluorescence
of Vesiculo Bullous disorders' at the Quarterly Scientific
Session of the Indian Association of Dermatologists,
Venereologists and Leprologists (Maharashtra Branch) Aug 14,
4) Delivered a talk on 'Cutaneous manifestations in internal
diseases', in the symposium on Skin and Epithelial lesions
held at the Jaslok Hospital, auditorium organised by the General
Practitioner's Associations Greater Bombay, September 12,
5) Delivered a talk on 'Vitiligo' at the Cosmetology Society
of India, April 2000.
6) Delivered a lecture on "Treatment of Psoriasis - Realistic
expectations" at Jaipur at the IADVL, Rajasthan Branch,
Annual Programme, Jan 2001.
7) Delivered a talk on "Hair loss and Baldness"
on March 30 1998 at the AL Amal Medical & Health Care
Centre, Muscat, Oman.
8) Delivered a talk on 'Viral skin diseases' in August 19,
1996 at Medical Seminar Hall, LTMG Hospital, Sion, Mumbai.
organised by Antop Hill Medicos Association.
9) Delivered a talk on 'Ponder a while' at the Practising
Dermatologists, Quarterly Scientific Meeting of the IADVL
Maharashtra Branch held at Panvel on January 6 2002.
10) Delivered a talk on 'Physician's perspective' in an 'AIDS
UPDATE 2002' organised by the Inner Wheel Club of Thane East,
11) Delivered a talk on "Venereal Warts, Herpes &
Mycoplasma" at the CME on STD and AIDS during the XXIIIrd
National Conference of the IADVL at Madras 1994.
12) Delivered a talk on "Chemotherapeutic agents"
at the CME during the XXIst National Conference of the IADVL
held at Patna 1992.
13) Delivered a talk on management of "Urticaria and
Eczema in general practice" in the Bombay 'C' ward medical
Posters Presented On :
1) "Evaluation of Azithromycin / Zithromax for the treatment
of skin infections" at the International Congress for
Infectious Diseases held at Prague, Czech Republic, 1994 July.
2) "Anonymous counselling & testing Centre, Bombay
- an intervention strategy" at the World Congress on
AIDS held at Vancouver, Canada in June 1996.
3) "Medico-politics and HIV related responses in India
- impact, as a product of historicization with the epidemic".
At the 12th World AIDS Conference held at Geneva June 28-July
4) Presented Following Posters at the XXIVth National Conference
held at Ahmedabad Jun 25-28 1996.
a) "Efficacy and safety assessment of a new Ayurvedic
antifungal herbal cream.
b) Perforating Granuloma annulare - a Therapeutic Challenge.
c) Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in a HIV patient - is it
missed for want of facility to identify it?
d) Treating Pemphigus Vulgaris with a fatal outcome - some
posers to Dermatologists.
e) Eosinophilic Cellulitis (Weil's disease) - a dermatosis
with distinguished histopathology
f) IADVL Maharashtra branch's Bombay based HIV prevention
g) IADVL Maharashtra Branch's anonymous testing centre (ATC)